Wednesday, August 4, 2010

For my best

It's one thing to say that you agree that a change is best, but it's another thing to find yourself agreeing with it deep down. In April, I agreed to step aside from the job I have held for the last ten years, and to some extent I even believed it was the best move for the organization and for myself. Now, though, I believe that it really is the best move for me. Whether I become "top dawg" or just a good follower in the next job is up to the Lord and his placement of my gifts and me.

So, prayers are being said and applications and resumes have been submitted (even as they were all spring long), and I am looking forward to what God would have me do next. I admit that I wouldn't mind knowing sooner rather than later what that is--and certainly my wife wouldn't mind having some reassurance in that area, too! But here I am. What next, Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment