Monday, September 11, 2017

Rudy the Red has had enough

The following prompt was written by Brian A. Klems, and it was posted at http://www.writersdigest.com/prompts, on December 16, 2016. I accessed it on 1/24/17, but wrote my wee story on 9/8/17.

"After two years of teasing and name-calling, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer has finally had it. Write a strongly-worded letter to all the other reindeer from Rudolph, allowing him to air his grievances and announce that he is quitting to join ____________."

Dear Bucks,

For many years I have endured shame and humiliation from you weak-minded doe-jumpers, and I have reached my limit. You ruined my childhood! How could you spend your life bringing joy to children, while heaping misery on one of your own? You think you are so special, macho, and handsome, but you are really just cowards.

Even after I saved the day on that foggy Christmas Eve, your ridicule and jealousy didn't stop. You think I haven't noticed all the nasty names you've called me all these years? You think I've been oblivious to the fact that you haven't let me play in your reindeer games?

Well! You may keep you self-important life, you feeble-minded sons of buck-whores! I'm quitting this sordid business to go where I'm appreciated! I'm going to join the Peace Corps Traveling Petting Zoo, where I can help children all over the world all year long, and not just on Christmas Eve.

Let the hunters get you next season and mount your heads on their walls as trophies. I have just one thing left to say to you: Buck you!

Good riddance to the lot of you!

Rudy the Red

No comments:

Post a Comment