Monday, March 7, 2011

And so we wait

It has been more than three months since my last day on the job (not counting the fact that I was paid till the end of that month). In that time, I have spent most of my days as a "house-husband." I help shuttle the boys to and from school, do some of the grocery shopping (having learned to get only what is on the list!), and I have begun to cook again. For several weeks my wife had a part-time job three days a week, and I tried especially hard those days to cook and keep the house presentable. It helped that both boys were in school two of the three days each week.

I spend a couple of hours each day perusing job opportunities online and replying to inquiries sent directly to me or for which I have some kind of referral. I have had countless interviews, but nothing has opened up yet. I am signed up as a substitute teacher in a couple of local towns, but have not been called.

All in all, this is a waiting game. I have tried to use my time to good advantage, and I keep in mind that when the next job does come along it will likely consume a considerable amount of my time, so I need to be conscientious now about spending time with my boys.

Folks aren't hiring. And so we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment