Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Axe Fell, The End Has Come, It's All Over

The school board kept me around to start the school year, and while my contract did not expire until December 31, my usefulness was done long before that (can anyone say "lame duck"?). As of the week of Thanksgiving I was half-time, and on December 3 I was out the door.

I have been available to the interim administrator for technical issues that she has encountered, and my younger son is still enrolled in preschool for the rest of the year, but that is where my involvement ends.

While it has been a painful parting, I am thankful that I serve a God that knows the future, holds the future in his hands, and holds me in his hands, too, so I am trusting him to guide my steps. There was a generous gift from the families of the school the day I left, and I am deeply grateful to them for that. We are well supported by family, friends, and our church family. God is taking care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment