Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Searching for a Purpose

I think this is the fourth blog I've started. It always seems like a good idea when I start one, but somehow I lose my way, or lose steam, or lose purpose, after a handful of posts. I'm a man searching for a purpose, and for those of you that know me and know something of the search I am engaged in, I think this is the easier way to keep you all informed of my progress than by trying to remember each one's e-mail address.

I'm not searching for an eternal purpose or anything like that. I have that already. What I am looking for is what my temporal purpose should be. That is, what vocation should I be pursuing at this point in my life? The input I have received is immense. I'm still trying to sort it all out. What I know right now is that the school I interviewed with in mid-July would like to employ me, but cannot pay a high enough salary to make it happen, and the university for which I applied to be assistant director of admissions has chosen to go with someone else.

I haven't stopped looking, but I have nothing else to report on the job front. I'm still searching for a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment