Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A lack of curiosity killed the cat

If only the cat had shown more curiosity and found a way out of his trying situation, he might have survived and thrived!

I had quite a time trying to post on here recently, as the "publish post" button didn't work. If I had lacked the curiosity to figure out why it wasn't working I would've stopped trying. But this cat did not want to stop at failure!

Everything online takes considerably longer on dial-up connections, which is something one does not really appreciate when usually able to access the 'net at high speed. As a result, trying to determine why I could not publish a post consumed more time than I wanted to spend on it, yet I did not want to be forever separated from my blog, either. I persevered and found a way.

Job hunting and finding is similar in that it takes persevering and finding a way. The temptation is to throw one's hands up in the air and say to heck with it, but anything worth doing, anything worth finding, is worth the dial-up time spent searching for it or for a way to do it. I think this could also be called "patience" and "perseverance."

Show the curiosity. Find a way. Trust that God will supply a bountiful harvest, but work for it, too! Don't let a lack of curiosity kill the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment