Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nahum 1:7

The BCS Class of 1988 had Nahum 1:7 as its verse: "The LORD is good; a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him."

I say, Amen and amen. I did not get the job in South Carolina. They sent me a message by e-mail thanking me for participating in the first two rounds of interviews, and expressing their enjoyment of the first interview, in particular. I, in turn, wrote and thanked them for considering me and expressed my disappointment at not being able to join their school family. I also said that I trusted that God has something...else for me. I nearly said something "better," but in my disappointment I did not want to be discourteous. Truly, the Lord must have something better in mind than that, because he promises to work out all for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose. According to HIS purpose. Not according to mine.

The Lord IS good. He IS a refuge for those who trust in him. That is where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment